Study in United Kingdom

Learn About

Study in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom consists of England, Wales, Scotland (who together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland. Its long history consists of playing a major role in international affairs and in the EU, UN and Nato.

Britain redefined its place in the world in the twentieth century. It commanded a world-wide empire as the foremost global power at the beginning of the century itself. Britain was the world’s first industrialized country. The economy of United Kingdom is still one of the largest. It has been based on service industries rather than on manufacturing.

Why Study In United Kingdom?


The emergence of UK as one of the most popular study destinations for education in the world has been rapidly growing. Amongst many reasons which prompt international students to pursue their education in the UK, one of the reason is that UK education equips students with unparalleled academic and professional skills and elevates their personal development with an exciting and unforgettable cultural experience.

UK now also provides a good mix of traditional and modern campus life and education experience.


How much it will cost?


Fees – Depending on the course you have applied and Institute / university selected the tuition fees will vary, expected tuition Fees can be as below

Business Courses : £5,500 – £12,000 per year
Engineering and Science Courses: £6,500 – £12,000 per year
MBA : £7,000 – £16,500 per year 

Living Costs – In UK the cost of living varies depending on whether you live in or outside London and on your own particular lifestyle. London city tends to be more expensive to most of the other cities. 
Outside London £5,500 per year
London £6,500 per year 

These include the cost of accommodation, heating, lighting, food, clothing, books and daily travel for one person for one year.

Process to Apply


Application – The main intake in all the universities in the UK offer courses in either September / October. However, for certain courses some universities open admissions in January or February.

Under Graduate : An organization known as UCAS makes the application for the Undergraduate course in UK universities. Being a central organization in the UK, it is responsible for receiving undergraduate applications and forwarding them to the respective institutions as selected on the application form. Only one common UCAS application form can be filled in one academic year and you can choose a maximum of 5 different universities/courses. However quite a few universities do accept direct applications for international students. As a particular intake starting from the October of the previous year until 30th June (for Non-EU students) of the year of admission, the applications are accepted. There is an administration fee for UCAS of £15

Post Graduate : Students are required to fill the respective University application forms who are applying for postgraduate studies. All intakes have the same application forms and normally there is no defined common deadline dates / period for the applications to reach the University. It is recommended to apply as early as possible specially for programs that are very competitive to gain entry or check with their International office on application deadlines.

Visa – Apply for a general student visa
An application form needs to be filled to apply for a general student visa. You also need to pay a £145 fee or equivalent amount in your home country and provide the following information:
• passport or travel document
• visa letter from your UK education provider
• bank statements to prove you have enough money to study and live in the UK
• documents required by your UK education provider when they accepted you for the course
• biometric details (photo and fingerprint scan).

Typically UKBA or local Embassy provides for a standard checklist of documents to follow for each country hence it’s always advisable to follow the same. Check with for more information on UK visa.


Accommodation Information


Student accommodation under the University owned accommodation, normally there are two options available to students.
• Catered Halls of Residence (meals provided)
• Self-catered Halls of Residence (meals not provided 

Private accommodation
Private accommodation are Private leases apartments/house. Being an international student you can make the most of your independence by renting private accommodation. Sharing flat with other students or a room in a house is the most usual type of renting a private accommodation. Students, usually share the costs/bills, whereas cooking and cleaning needs to be done by themselves.

University/college owned international student accommodation
Accommodation is provided for international students by most UK institutions. This will either have a self-catering shared house or flat OR a room in halls of residence (either full board or self-catering ). It is suggested to apply for staying in Univeristy/college owned accommodation as soon as you are accepted on your course. 

Some of the Major costs or expected to pay:
• Accommodation in a hall of residence £290-320 per month
• Accommodation in a self-catering hall £160-300 per month
• Living in a hostel, lodgings or a bedsit £300-350 per month
• Living in a flat or a house shared with other students £160-280 per month
• Heat and light (if not included) £20-40 per month
• Food (if not included) £110-135 per month

This is average cost estimates on higher side, cost could be lower for universities based on their location or facilities provided by them 

Acument University of Further Education Australian Catholic University
Acument University of Further Education Australian Catholic University
Acument University of Further Education Australian Catholic University
Live Chat